Jurnal Islam dan Masyarakat Kontemporari (Journal of Islam and Contemporary Society) is a refereed journal committed to the development of knowledge by encouraging discussion of the various branches of the discipline of Islamic studies and social sciences. The journal publishes articles, book reviews, and research reports of interest to scholars, especially in terms of content and approach.
Focus and Scope
Encourage and publish research in the field of Islamic contemporary issues. The term Islamic contemporary is broadly defined. In line with this policy, the Jurnal Islam dan Masyarakat Kontemporari (JIMK) is comitted with the publication in all fields of Islamic studies.
The mission of the Jurnal Islam dan Masyarakat Kontemporari (JIMK) is to encourage scholarly research in Islamic studies and Muslim contemporary issues. JIMK provides a venue for academics, scholars and researchers to publish current and significant research as well as other publication activities, such as book and article reviews. The specific objectives of the Journal are:
- To offer a forum for publishing high quality research in Islamic studies.
- To present new ideas and findings in Islamic studies and Muslim contemporary issues.
- To promote greater exchange of information between the various scholars in Islamic studies around the world. It is not limited to Malaysia and the Southeast Asian region.
- To disseminate cutting-edge research that explores the interrelationship between Islamic studies and Muslim contemporary issues in the following Scope.
The articles can be from any of the following areas:
- Muslim Theology and Philosophy.
- Muslim Ethics and Moral.
- al-Quran and Hadith.
- Islam and Identity.
- Islam and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
- Islam and Cognitive/Natural Science.
- Islam and Economics.
- Islam and Political Issues.
- Islam and Future Studies.
- Islam and Gender.
- Islam and Social Sciences (Psychology, Education, Languages, Arts, Law and History).
- Islam and Spirituality Islam and Other Religions.
- Islam and Civilization.
- Islam and Environmental Issues.
- Islam and Culture.
- Islam and Human Rights.
- Islam, Information Technology and Communication.
- Islam and Middle Eastern Studies.
- Islam and Minority Muslim.
- Islam and Contemporary Issues.
Peer Review Process
Peer Review Process
Manuscripts submitted to JIMK will be checked for plagiarisme. Manuscripts are assessed by our experienced in-house editorial team, who take all decisions based on an extensive and rigorous peer review process by academic experts who specialize in the manuscript topic. Peer reviewers are expert chosen by journal editors to provide written assessment of the strengths and weakness of article with the aim of producing the highest quality material of the journal. They are selected based on expertise in a specific field (i.e. Islamic education) nomination by existing editorial board members. Peer reviewers for the journal are also selected by the Editor-in-Chief or Editorial Board Members. All manuscripts are subjected to rigorous double -blind peer review -the identity of the peer reviewers is not revealed to the authors, and the identity of the authors is not revealed to the reviewers, as long as the authors have adequately removed all identifying information from the manuscript. The review process involves an objective assessment of the scientific rigor of the research as well its significance and contribution to advancing knowledge in the field of Islamic studies. The review process typically taken 4 till 6 months. The author/s is obliged to do revisions if required.
Since 2018, published in triannual; April, August and December
Article Proccesing Charge
Jurnal Islam dan Masyarakat Kontemporari (JIMK) is completely free to read and download.
Beginning June 2021, the article proccessing charge for accepted papers is RM300.00
Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin
Kampus Gong Badak
21300 Kuala Nerus